2012/07/11

The first impressions about Taiwan

The first impressions about Taiwan


I arrived Taiwan in a very hot summer day with a long journey from Vietnam to Taipei. The very first impression I have about Taiwan is when the airplane were about to land, the unending sapphire sea with many alluring small islands and azure high sky make me so eager for discovering this tiny but marvellous Formosan island.
 
This is the enchanting scene I can see on the plane.
 I had several days to discover Taiwan before starting my work in the forest. Taipei is a really big capital city with high building, convenient transportation infrustructure, the streets are very clean and people are friendly. I felt that it is a fast-moving and hectic life in the metropolitan area especially when the city lights up.
 
This is a street in the central area near Taipei 101

 
And the busy night time in Taipei\

I bid Taipei adieu and then heading to Sun Moon lake in the middle are of Taiwan. The car left the city very fast and the charming landscape of the rural area appeared. Those are high mountain ranges and it seems to be reserved very well. I took a lot of photos on the way to Sun Moon lake.

 
On the way to Sun Moon lake

And finally we arrived. Wow, it seems to be the perfect combination of Sun and Moon to make a huge lake inside the mountainous area. The Mother Nature is too generous to make this place beautiful and romantic. Cruising on the yacht round the lake, I just realize that the people here have a very great attitude to protect the nature. They built the recreation area but they also respect it and try not to destroy the nature environment. So, I felt absolutely pleasant to enjoy the natural landscape here.

 
Cruising on the yacht on Sun Moon lake.

Leaving Sun Moon lake, I was so lucky to join the weekend holiday with Taiwanese family. We climbed the mountain and enjoy the tea break on the mountain. This is the first trail for me up the mountain. The fresh air, the twittering birds, the tranquil environment and  restful atmosphere made me feel so free.

 
I and my friends are on the tea farm 
 
The never-end mountain ranges and beautiful nature make us to pose!

And finally we went to the coast so enjoy the sun set. Just breath-taking! Up mountain and then down the sea. How plenteous the topographty is!

 
Sun set on Taichung sea side.

Just only 4 days, Taiwan make me satisfy and somehow overexpected. Formosa island is developing fast with big modern city and non-stop busy life while the nature is also bountiful. Like a contrast picture about the city and the nature; but in Taiwan, in actuality, they exist amicably and harmoniously together.
Last but not least, there is a huge city with extremely large population that not so many people know. They also have the busy night life like Taipei. And I will reveal that city in the next note.

Cris,
11th July, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment